I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 6 July 2010

Floral display

Ilkley is renowned for having wonderful floral displays. It has several times won the annual Britain in Bloom competition, in the category 'Town'. The last time was in 2004, I think. Even the local 'Pizza Express' has lovely hanging baskets and these make a welcoming sight when you arrive in the town by train, as the restaurant is adjacent to the rail station. You can sit outside on this covered terrace to eat your pizza (though I'm not sure I like the plastic roof!)

[As others are reporting too, I have comments but the number is not showing. You can still read them if you click on the comments tag, I think. And thanks to all who are commenting :-) I love reading them.]


12 comments:

  1. I think I'm adding Ilkley to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They must take an awful lot of watering in this weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so much flowers that I had not notice the plastic roof! it must be pleasant to eat a pizza there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire businesses that have floral decorations. I am not sure that I care for container gardening myself just because it is so labor intensive. I watched a man go and trim out his baskets at a mall and was amazed how much he took off and how quickly he did it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really know how to present your area and make us wish we could visit!!
    In the meantime ,looking at your pictures and comments is a pleasure.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flowers are so beautiful and captivating I would never have noticed the plastic roof.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty little spot to sit and rest for awhile. Think I'll have a slice, too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very good reason to enjoy a good pizza (I had one at lunchtime!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Too bad more towns don't do this sort of thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to eat pizza right there! By the way, how is the pizza?

    ReplyDelete