I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 19 August 2010

Lavender and pink

Dove Cottage garden again - lavender and pink make such a pretty colour combination. I don't actually know what the pink one is, but it was pretty. I make no apologies for filling my blog this week with flowers. I'm seeking some inner peace... just having one of those weeks...!

"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things..... And the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:8

12 comments:

  1. I know the flowers are beautiful anyway but, you have to compose the photograph well to capture that beauty. You have a real 'eye' for this. The results are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must confess I have never been in Dove Cottage Garden Centre although I knew it was there as someone else I knew had recommended it. I will go now it has received your recommendation as well (and the Travellers' is just up the road!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are flower-minded..:), and it's also very peaceful for us; a little corner of beauty and quietness in this crude world.. who would complain?..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I. for one, never tire of looking at flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post, I can never get enough flowers. Look at all I share on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great contrast of beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this flower! i so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Believe they are Granny's Bonnets.They grow well here too and survive the heat well in Summer.We have them under a climbing Cecile Brunner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is so pretty, and I hope your next week will be more soothing for you! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice - I love this romantic colour combination! Greetings from Luzia.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pink flowers are granny bonnets ot twinspurs - or "Diascia" - a flower that is indigenous to South Africa. It is interesing in that it produces oil, not nectar, in the two spurs that give it one of its common names, and oil-collecting bees are the pollinators in the wild. See http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plants/plant_finder/plant_pages/1083.shtml

    ReplyDelete