I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 24 August 2010

A literary ramble

It was really Malyss that started it, with her recent comment on my Bolton Abbey post about Jane Austen.... Jane Austen country is southern England, a long way from Saltaire in Yorkshire, but we do have our own famous local literary connections. It was such a wonderful day on Saturday - mostly blue skies and a light breeze - and, being at a bit of a loose end, I suddenly decided to embark upon a literary ramble. My destination was that lone tree right up on the horizon. It's a long walk, so we'll arrive there tomorrow, when all will be revealed. In the meantime, enjoy the moorland views and that wonderful carpet of purple heather.

13 comments:

  1. Today, your picture makes me think about the Brontë Family, the Wuthering heights, and Heathcliff.. this place is marvellous in summer, but I would love to see it in the depth of winter..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, meet you at the tree and don't be late!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, it takes my eyes for a splendid hike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, I really enjoy your photography and the beautiful scenes you capture, but I also enjoy the tone you set so much! Your site is always uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That heather is fabulous. Great spot for a ramble :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish i could walk there with you...looking forward to seeing the site from the top of the hill!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful shot of the moorland and the blooming heather, the name of one of my daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't beat a good hill of heather and a lone tree! beautiful!
    My Yorkshire genes are stirring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the purple heather is so beautiful. Must go read more of your blog. I 've been to Bolton Abbey on a trip from NZ. Enjoy your walk!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is incredible, what views! What a walk! You've enchanted me with your area.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful countryside. I really like the heather in the meadow.

    ReplyDelete