I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 17 October 2010

Shipley sundown


Another lovely photo taken by my daughter on her recent canal boat trip through Shipley and Saltaire.  I think she has a good eye for composition - perhaps not surprisingly, since she took a degree in the History of Art at university.  I'm sure that studying great paintings helps to develop one's appreciation of form, colour and composition.  I'd recommend any photographer to spend time browsing art galleries.  I can't think of much I'd rather do, given a few hours to spare - especially in company with J, who can teach me a thing or two about art.

Incidentally you can see a church tower in the picture and that is St Paul's Church, Shipley.

Scott has a beautiful picture too, on Sunset Sunday this week.

16 comments:

  1. It's so nice when our children get involved in taking photos for the blog. I'm sure your daughter's eye has been educated by all the art she's critiqued. Congratulations to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful sunset photograph.
    Congratulations to your daughter Jenny.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, your daughter has a great sense of the picture; this one is a real invitation for travelling..
    have a nice sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, another stunner by your daughter, Jenny. I don't have a degree in art, but we do share the passion of walking art galleries... so maybe one day we will do that together. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for your kind comments on my/emily's blog. It means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is gorgeous and you're right about the composition and her eye for it. I love the sweeping curve of the bow of the boat. She placed it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenny
    firstly, thank you so much for popping over to visit me on Precious Moments (much appreciated) especially as I have been looking for UK bloggers to link up with (you must have read my mind!!)
    secondly, I am now following you!!
    thirdly, what a fabulous photo just love the colours and can see myself sitting on whatever part of the boat is thats at the front - is it stern? No, that's the backend isn't it - whatever ;) fabulous photo.. Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Un moment de bonheur, referring to Bob the B's window picture. Merci!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is a stunning photo! she's taking after her mother! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's an honour to be on SDP! And very nice reading your comments. Glad you like my picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I should also be thanking you especially mum since it is my lovely camera, inherited from your kind self, that helped capture this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. VERY nice photo - the silhouettes really stand out against that beautiful sunset - wonderful shot by Jenny !

    ReplyDelete
  13. superb moment you catch!! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sure is a beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a very striking image. I see the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree when it comes to photography! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete