I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 25 December 2010

A child is born


The angel said: 'I bring you good news of great joy.  
Today a Saviour has been born; he is Christ the Lord.'   
Luke 2 10-11

It's Christmas Day!  And I sincerely wish you and those you love - wherever you are and whatever you believe - a very joyful and peaceful day, full of blessings.

My photo shows the crib scene at my church - St Peter's, Shipley.  I am not sure of its history or exactly how old it is but it has been brought out each Christmas for as long as I can remember. I like the old pottery figures, the donkey and the ox lying in the straw, the shepherd boy playing his pipe.  I am always especially touched by the figure of Mary, kneeling in silent prayer before her son.  

Thanks be to God.

11 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas - may you and your family have a wonderful day. take care, Judyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good Christmas up 't North.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful crib. God bless you this Christmas Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you Jenny.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful crib scene. Most ones I've seen have the three men from the East rather than the shepherds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is a lovely example of pottery right there in that nativity scene. Christmas blessings to you dear one. ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a wonderful , happy and sweet day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your Christmas was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post. I hope you day was filled with all the joy of the season.

    ReplyDelete