I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 17 December 2010

Festive concert


There's so much going on in Saltaire in the run-up to Christmas!  Unlike my daughter, I'm not keeping a tally of how many mince pies I consume (I think she's up to 17 now!) but had I wanted one, there were mince pies and mulled wine for sale in the Half-Moon Café on Tuesday evening - and a Festive Concert with the Hall Royd Brass Band in the Roberts Park bandstand. The snow has all gone now (though it may be back soon) and, despite a light drizzle, it wasn't a cold night so it was quite pleasant standing listening to the music.  I'm sure Sir Titus enjoyed it - his statue overlooks the bandstand and his spirit was with us!

PS: For a view of the bandstand when it was unveiled earlier this year, please see here.

14 comments:

  1. Saltaire is definitely a buzzing place to be at this time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photograph is fabulous Jenny and you've captured an enchanting mood. Judyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see one of these old Victorian band-stands in use; I remember them as a boy in Sheffield.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John - actually the bandstand is brand-new, part of last year's renovation of the park. The original bandstand was long since gone. It's lovely to have one again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it a bit cold for an outside concert? Lovely shot, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The summer view and winter view. It must be fun to go to and listen to the music in both seasons..

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mother used to call mince pies "happy months" and teh aim was to have 12 from different sources over the festive period to ensure a happy year.

    17 is a good score! I think I'm still on 4. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good lights. Very nice picture

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is terrific. I like the blues and roses, and the composition and content are fascinating. It would have been fun to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh now that is very lovely and what a beautiful night for an outside concert! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post!Hopping over to say good morning! I enjoyed my visit to your blog. Hugs! P.S> please stop by for a visit and don't forget to enter the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the bandstand! A bit other-worldish and completely enchanting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bravo!
    A great shot, also full of good atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete