I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 3 December 2010

Yorkshire Landscapes Competition

Well, the results are finally out - and my picture of Salts Wharf made it into the last ten, though not into the prizewinners.  I still think that's a good achievement though.  Thank you again, everybody, for your votes.  I was really encouraged by all your positive comments and support. The final ten photos were printed in the Telegraph and Argus newspaper today, though it hasn't filtered down to their website yet.  If you want to see the winning photo, please click here - nice bit of work in Photoshop, perhaps?  And the runners-up are here and here.  To go back to my original post about the competition, see here.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations!
    I'm glad for you! the last ten! I remember you told there were A LOT of people trying to be the first; So You made a great thing! Next year, you'll have only 9 steps to climb to be on the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice going, jennyfreckles, on making the top ten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'd think that was photoshopped, alright, unless they had a very good camera and zoomed in from a great distance. And just so you know, we love your photos. I look forward to seeing them each day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations for getting into the top ten. I reckon yours was more realistic than the winner. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on being a finalist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Jenny... you were in very good company.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's wonderful. I would be happy being in the top ten with one of my photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is quite an accomplishment for the amount of photographers that entered to be in the top 10! Congrats for that. I still love the light and reflections in your photograph. ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww! I totally missed this post! Maybe because it was an extra and I only check in once a day. Sorry. I just asked Sacristan and he said he'd seen it, so I searched.

    I don't like the winning photo at all, I'm afraid. Number two is ok, but a bit colourless. I genuinely prefer yours by miles!

    Does being in the top ten mean that you are now on a calendar?

    ReplyDelete