I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Viewpoint


I have less time than usual to get out and about taking new photos, but I realised that I could also reprise a few of the earlier posts from my blog.  I used to post photos quite small too, so it will be good to see some at the larger size I now use.  This one shows the famous Bingley Five-Rise Locks from the top of the 'staircase',  looking towards Bingley.  You can see the red-brick shed I had in my photo yesterday (though that was a more recent photo).  Click here to go back to my original post for this picture.

11 comments:

  1. What a difference it makes to be able to post ones pictures in a larger size!

    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The perspective you choosed give us the feeling to be in the boat, about to cross that locks. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It always amazes me that these locks and canals were built so long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its a fine idea to reprise some of the images you featured at the very beginning, I can't think of a single one of them that isn't worth looking at again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting vantage point. I find canals and locks very interesting. They are marvels of engineering, for their time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smashing vista...ah! to be in them thar hills!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent photo of the lock- looks like a flying contraption.
    Nice mill in the background. I used to live in Millhouses, so I appreciate mills.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful clear day this was. You have piqued my interest in Saltaire.
    nellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how beautiful!

    I'm like you..the earlier posts have such small photos. I guess I didn't know how to enlarge them back then!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've had a great time traveling the world through your photos tonight! (I usually look at your other blog.) I have had the time to take photos, but the delay in spring is making me uninspired...Wisconsin is still pretty brown and cold!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a nice composition, Jenny. Like you, I started with smaller photos and moved to larger ones around the beginning of the year. I like big pix much more.

    ReplyDelete