I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 11 May 2011

The Old Orchard, York Gate


I'm not around much this week, so over the next few days I'm going to show a series of photos of the beautiful garden at York Gate, Adel, Leeds (about 8 miles from Saltaire).  It's so lovely that it needs few words to explain it and can almost be treated as a visual meditation.  Enjoy!

"A garden is a delight to the eye and a solace for the soul." -- Sadi

11 comments:

  1. The few words that came into my head were: very verdant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do like the idea of visual meditation. And what a fine image to lose yourself in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely - another place I must make into a surprise visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jenny! I am Meditating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visual meditation indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I feel soothed just looking at your pic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. visual meditation indeed! oh my! how very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a calm place of quiet beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want a pond just like that! I'd spend all day sitting beside it :)

    ReplyDelete