I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 14 July 2011

Treasures


More garden treasures: this time a collection of stone jars, jugs and shells tastefully arranged on a little table under a willow tree.  This too was one of the 'Open Gardens' though it happens to belong to a friend of mine.  I may not be a gardener myself, but some of my best friends are!

I played around with this photo, following the 'recipe' given in a camera magazine.  I subscribe to a couple of magazines and wish I had time to experiment a bit more with their suggestions (as well as all the tutorials on the internet) as there are some good ideas within them.

13 comments:

  1. Nice shot, Jenny, and I love what you've done with it. I'll have to give that a try. Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the old jars! and I love what you've done with your picture! the kind of shot I'd be happy to hang on my wall. Congrats to your friend for the beautyful mood of his/her garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It almost looks like a painting. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the effect that you got!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the perfect effect for such a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a nice effect - and perfectly suited to the subject matter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a very nice effect, Jennyfreckles. I am feeling like a dud because I so rarely do anything beyond cropping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always it's all about choosing the right effect for the right shot - this looks just about perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These gardens are beautiful. It would be lovely to have a peaceful place like this.
    I want you to know that your comment the other day made my day - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice photo. I like the edge but not sure about the blurry bits. Looks a bit like an eraser effect. Interesting work. I'd like to be daring and remove the tray supports!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful effect on a beautiful photo! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete