I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 25 November 2011

Secret Santa


Life is so full at the moment that I haven't even begun to think about Christmas.  I was a bit startled therefore to notice this cheery little fellow atop the steps leading to Saltaire's Visitor Information Centre.  Nice to know I don't have to go far to buy my charity Christmas cards this year though.  (And now I come to think of it, there's only one month to go... eek!  Better start thinking about it then...)

6 comments:

  1. I believe Christmas came early for you this year, did it not? Enjoy this first Christmas as a grandmother! Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this time of the year, when it's not Xmas yet but clues appear here and there to remind us that time is approaching..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deadlines are difficult.If all else fails, there's always New Year cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Folk often complain about how "commercial" Christmas is becoming, about how we are loosing the "real" meaning of the "Mass of Christ" . . well that is as maybe given the multi-cultural/increasingly secular society we are. But you know, given the time of year and the prospect of dark/cold/miserable days ahaead the planning for, decorating for and antisipation of Christmas I feel can provide a much needed uplifting of spirits for many folk in these, (lets face it),pretty dire times . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. At my place we are searching for some relief from the 32degree(celsius) heat and the onset of the wet season. Chrisatmas lunch will be cold prawns and Moreton Bay Bugs washed down with ice cold bubbly and followed by strawberry pavlova and ice cream. Seasons greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, it does tend to sneak up on us every year, doesn't it! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete