I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 28 November 2011

Three chimneys



[Mouse over]
Narrowboats moored for the winter beside Shipley Wharf.  It seemed a popular spot for fishermen that day.  I wonder if the fish congregate here?  Perhaps by the boats it's a bit warmer or something?  (Can you tell I've never done any fishing?!)  In the distance you can see Saltaire's three chimneys.  The palest square one on the right is Salts Mill.  The others belong to smaller mills at Salts Wharf.

Mouse over for the colour version of this photo.  I think I prefer the simpler lines of the black and white version, although it was initially the colours of the boats and autumn trees that enticed me to take the photo.  The morning light was nice that day.

13 comments:

  1. Oh I like the mouse-over feature. And I agree with you, the monochrome version highlights the lines and shapes much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good image, I prefer he monochrome version, although it has to be said that the mouse over feature is pretty natty.
    Is it not a pity that those folk coping with depression, especially at this time of the year, cannot have the therapeutic equivalent of the mouse over feature to brighten up their outlook on what they see about them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoot... the mouse over didn't work for me, but the image is fabulous in monochrome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, will others tell me if the mouse-over deosn't work please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I came back to try again. At first it seemed not to work in my Firefox. Then I tried in IE, and there is worked. Hmmm... Came back to Firefox and kept my mouse over the image a bit longer... and ta daaa! Now it works. I really like the colours of the boats, but for the full image, I still like the B&W better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh that mouse over is cool. I wonder how it's done. I prefer the black and white too, and I very much like the reflection of the chimneys. A nice, subtle picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am odd person out - I like the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mouse over worked fine for me - and I love the colour!! especially with that beautfully reflected red from the narrow-boats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely composition -- so much going on and yet so serene.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely composition -- so much going on and yet so serene.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great composition, Jenny! Love the reflections and the boats look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I really like the mouse over feature. It's so delightful to see the contrast and drama of both of the shots! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many thanks for sharing this mouse-over feature; most effective! I like both versions, as each has its own specific appeal.

    ReplyDelete