I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 17 December 2011

Three kings


The advent window at Saltaire's Methodist Church takes a suitably religious theme, that of the three magi journeying to Bethlehem.  This window was produced by members of the Art Group that meets in the Methodist church halls.  I like the boldness of the kings - such strong graphic shapes suit the medium, I think.

To see more of the windows from Saltaire's Living Advent Calendar, scroll through my blog or look at the web page hosted by the Saltaire Village website.

9 comments:

  1. Yes, the Kings have it, as you say, boldly drawn in a way that works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite modern and the coloring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I really like this tradition. Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful windows! I love the color and the shading, as well as the theme. When I set out the three kings along with the Nativity, I always set them at the far eastern end of the top of the piano, for it's supposed to take them about 2 years to make it to the Christ child. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings from an Amish community in Pennsylvania, I'm just checking out different blogs and thought id leave a comment. Happy holidays to everyone as well. Richard from Amish Stories

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful! I also checked out the link. I miss the windows in the Chicago stores where I grew up, always a sign that Christmas was coming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic idea! I enjoyed the website!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, the graphic shapes of the magi are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beautiful window! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete