I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 27 February 2012

Growing


Just back from visiting my daughter, son in law and granddaughter in London.  E is growing fast... it's over four months since she was born, though being so premature she is effectively at about eleven weeks developmentally.  I try to visit every month or so and I see huge differences in her each time.  She is much more alert now, and beginning to make those endearing little vocalisations and facial expressions that show she is trying hard to communicate.  It melts my heart to see her smile at her mum, looking so excited to see her.

I'm sure she will grow up very cultured....  We visited the V & A Museum to see a lovely exhibition of portraits by the renowned photographer Cecil Beaton, of the Queen and other members of the Royal Family, including his pictures of the Coronation in 1953.  It is of course the Queen's Diamond (60th) Jubilee this year.  Actually, E slept through the photos but she did enjoy the V&A's fabulous Café - which must have the most elegant baby-changing facilities in London!

13 comments:

  1. A truly beautiful photograph! Thank you for sharing this delightful up date :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, these are the great times. So glad she is doing well. Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you, not only you have such a sweet little granddaughter, but also you can visit this great city:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWWW~ What a sweet photo! So glad she's doing well! Not long and she'll completely catch up. And what fun outings you had, too, while in London!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute ! My little grandson is now 15 months old it goes so fast ! They live in Amsterdam, but my son calls me every weekend and I "talk" to little Toby, funny is he recognizes me !
    I bought little puppets which I put over my hand and hold it against my face let them talk and that makes him laugh !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super photograph, jennyfreckles. And you all share the same shaped eyes, which is charming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jenny, what a beautiful family portrait, no doubt inspired by all the museum hopping you did. How fun! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, Jenny. Your granddaughter is lucky to have a gifted photographer in her family. As she grows up, there will be a wonderful record. It is a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ho, how cute and lovely! What a beautiful portrait of mother and daughter,I wish you were with them on the picture, your daughter looks so much like you!!I agree with Jack..:o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing this precious portrait with all of us. I know you are bursting with love!
    V

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh she has gotten so big! Wonderful! And look at that sweet crop of hair! A strawberry blonde little one? We will see our big Micah this weekend...he continues to be off the chart for his age. We noticed the last time we saw him that he has his parents big blue eyes and his dad's super long eyelashes. He's been a bit colicky...I remember those days well. Isn't being a grandmother superb! Hugs from across the ocean!

    ReplyDelete