I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 12 November 2012

Grazing


It's quite surprising how many different enterprises the Bingley St Ives estate now sustains. The main house (not an especially grand or attractive building, so I don't have a photo of it) is now a residential home for young adults with disabilities. There is an 18-hole golf course, a fishing lake, an imaginative children's play area, a very nice little café and an equestrian centre used by both able-bodied and disabled riders. I suppose this little shetland pony (I think) and the horse belong to the riding school. They were well-wrapped up in their winter jackets and peacefully grazing the paddock in front of the house. In the background you can just see the golf clubhouse.

8 comments:

  1. Those are lucky horses! All that green grass and dewy mornings and protective coverings. How beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Bingley", like M. Darcy' friend ?!.. :o)
    What a peaceful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good for these young people. I love the coats of the horse and poney they look really very chic, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really lovely view with the horses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is neat to see them all rapped up for a casual graze. I have seen animals treated this way to keep them clean for shows but I guess I haven't seen them wearing coats for the winter. It is a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surely golf is not for disabled folk, but what do I know! Nice relaxing photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a very fine photo, jennyfreckles. This place is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete