Sunday, 21 April 2013

Keep your eye on the ball


I am admiring of those who can juggle. I have always been one of those folks who can't catch for toffee. Throw me a ball, some keys or anything and I will drop it. After being the butt of other people's scorn as a child, the inability has now become part of me. I have a sneaking suspicion that with a lot of perseverance I might master the skill... but since there are many skills I feel would be more valuable at this stage of life (most DIY skills for a start... why don't they teach you to use a drill or screwdriver at school?) then I shall pass up the chance to learn to juggle. I was happy to be entertained by this gentleman, who was delighting travellers on the Shipley Glen Tramway at the weekend. He started with three, then four, then five balls - although one of them did keep going missing in his hat brim. LOL.

7 comments:

  1. What a great outfit! Hope there's a younger generations of talented eccentrics coming up who will keep these sort of traditions alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really charming portrait, jennyfreckles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But you can catch a good image better than most people I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been able to learn that. Nice photo as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At one point, after a lot of practice, I could juggle 3 things but I have forgotten the skill and could never do 4!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great capture. He looks like he is from the old school of entertainment.

    ReplyDelete

No WV here but I've enabled comment moderation on older posts so I don't miss any of your messages. I love reading them - thank you! And thanks for visiting my blog.