I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Raku


If anyone ever wants to buy me a gift (!) I would gratefully accept one of these raku pots from Mary North and Brian Evans, The Old Brewery Pottery in Keighley. They were exhibiting outside Victoria Hall as part of Saltaire Festival's local Makers' Market. I adore the colours and subtle patterns produced by raku firing, a complex process that originated in 16th century Japan. (Read about it on the potters' website.) As well as making ceramics, they teach courses too. I'd love to have a go at it. (Another retirement project!)

5 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! My major in college (back in the dark ages) was art with a pottery emphasis. I was finally thinking about taking a class this summer and the ceramics studio closed. I think it would be so fun to do again after all these years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful. You must do that when you retire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I can see why you want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. The blue looks like turquoise.

    ReplyDelete