I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 13 July 2014

Summer cricket


I love walking round Roberts Park at weekends. There is always something going on, and often a cricket match underway on what must be one of the most picturesque cricket fields imaginable. Such a leisurely game, lots of walking about and chatting as well as bursts of activity. I enjoy settling down with a coffee or an ice cream outside the Half Moon Café and watching other people being energetic. On Sundays you can eat, watch cricket and listen to a bandstand concert all at the same time!

8 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely idyllic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best part about Roberts Park... you had your camera with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect English picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, great picture!
    My kind of Saturday. I used to love playing cricket but not very stylistic with the bat. My last school report I remember described my batting as,"very agricultural but often very effective!" . . . . lol
    We are lucky being in England . . . Eddie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've long had an ambition to photograph all the most attractive cricket grounds in the country. Now there's one more on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope someday to watch a cricket match in person. . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can't get more English that this Jenny, it's a bit the same in cricket season here too, just about three times hotter :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photo of the cricket match is superb, jennyfreckles. About ten years ago I was in Australia visiting my daughter (who was taking a college semester in Sydney), while Australia played Pakistan in a very important match. I watched the game intently. It has some similarities to baseball, but seems slower and more genteel.

    ReplyDelete