I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 2 January 2015

Celebration


Theme for December for my online photography club was (not surprisingly) 'Celebration'. Sounds easy? It seemed to need a people picture - but given that I don't much like photographing people, that for me isn't as simple as it might be. I'd hoped to find a brass band playing carols somewhere... but I didn't. I did have two carol singers at my door but they don't seem to actually sing carols these days .. just 'We wish you a merry Christmas' - and they weren't festively dressed so that didn't appeal as a subject.

Never mind, thought I, there'll be plenty of opportunity and celebration on Christmas Day with the family - and perhaps there was - but with so much going on, wrapping paper everywhere, low light levels and a distinct lack of uncluttered backgrounds it was an uphill struggle to get a decent picture. Later in the afternoon, after we'd enjoyed our festive meal, things calmed down a bit and I thought that my chance was coming... Then my three year old granddaughter suddenly decided she didn't want any clothes on! We eventually persuaded her to keep her T-shirt on - and to pose looking at the Christmas tree with her mummy. Some cropping and an added 'bokeh' layer is enough to preserve her modesty!

8 comments:

  1. It was hard but you finaly got a fantastic and lovely picture !
    Happy New Year to you and your family !

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Salt & Light" has been included in our Sites To See #426. Be assured that we hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2015/01/sites-to-see-426.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny - oh yes ... smaller ladies must never have clothes on .. especially when they're so so young and all is taught!! Lovely photo of mother and daughter .. quite delightful .. Happy New Year with health and happiness in the coming year and years ahead .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it was quite a challenge getting that photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your patience was rewarded, it's a beautiful natural looking photo.
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that is hilarious! My boys were like that...all four of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very suitable shot for the theme.

    ReplyDelete