I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 18 October 2015

The Tea Pottery


There's always one, isn't there.....?











Back to the holidays: I visited a pottery in the town of Leyburn in Wensleydale - the Tea Pottery, to be precise. They make... you guessed... tea pots, in every shape imaginable. In theory they are useable for the nation's favourite brew but I imagine most are bought as decorative items by collectors.

My daughter has an Aga cooker in her new home, green, just like the teapot below (apart from the handle of course, haha.) She abhors kitsch though so I wasn't tempted to get her a gift.





5 comments:

  1. Somewhere I've been into a tea-shop that has the walls lined with such absurdities. I'm afraid I'm from the chuck-a-teabag-in-a-mug school of thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First shot made me smile Jenny :) bet there are many who wouldn't be able to resist taking home a teapot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the wee caravan t-pot, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some are a bit outrageous to say the least. I love looking at tea pot collections in cafes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is an English tea room in Naples that has many decorative teapots like these. I have tried photographs a few times but never liked them enough to post.

    ReplyDelete