I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 2 December 2015

Centenary Square


Trawling through the archives again, here's a picture I never got round to posting. Taken in Bradford city centre, just across Centenary Square from the City Hall, it shows the interesting mixture of old Victorian buildings that grace the city, alongside some of the newest. The sharply angled corner is the edge of the sweep of modern bars and restaurants that now forms one side of Centenary Square. Incidentally, it is built on the very spot that once held the office block in which I first worked in Bradford. Even my own personal past is being obliterated!

1 comment:

  1. A great contrast in buildings. It is sad to see our past being bulldozed. I'm amazed in our local area where there are houses that are only 20 to 30 years old being knocked down for bigger buildings. We won't have any history.

    ReplyDelete