I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 4 January 2016

Unveiled


There's a shop on Caroline Street in Saltaire that has had a number of incarnations in recent times. Once a Co-op, it was also a launderette and a design consultancy, and then latterly a vintage shop. Now it has been unveiled as the home of Louise Perry Bridal. One hopes that may do better. Bridal shops tend to rely more on word of mouth and advertising and less on 'passing trade' so its rather out-of-the-way (these days) location may not be problem.

I was taking 'reflection - but not in water' photos for my online monthly group theme.  Here we have an interesting mixture of reflections in the window glass and reflections in a mirror inside the shop. I like how the shoes appear to be resting on the street's yellow lines.

5 comments:

  1. Clever shot Jenny ... wonderful to see .. I hope the shop does well - cheers and Happy New Year to you .. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good reflection, and just enough of a glimpse inside to give depth to the interior.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love shop windows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have lots of fun with your photography club's assignments. The shoes on the street's yellow line are nice, but I don't equate that with anything about weddings or brides.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember this shop when it was the Co-open, they used to sell pocket money toys and my granny (who lived in Caroline Street) bought me a tiny yellow plastic teapot which I had hours of fun with. Hope the new shop provides as much pleasure to the people who will use it.

    ReplyDelete