I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 30 September 2016

Retired - more fun



The classic picture postcard shot of Salts Mill. I've shown this elevation several times before but it is the iconic Saltaire image. Always pleasing, whatever the weather, but especially so on a sunny summer's day: blue sky, white fluffy clouds, honeyed stone glowing in the sunshine and all framed with roses. Even though I am so familiar with it, it still astonishes me that Sir Titus Salt had such a magnificent edifice designed and built as a working mill. It could be a palace! I'm really pleased that much of the building has been 'retired' from the noisy mill work that it used to hold and now hosts much more fun leisure activities - shops, galleries and restaurants.

From work to fun; I'm hoping to do the same... I'm pleased to confirm that TODAY is my LAST DAY at my working mill office. Not nearly as picturesque a place to leave behind as Salts Mill  - and no, I didn't end up moving back to the building that flooded at Christmas. There were IT issues unresolved and the move has been put back a week so I didn't make it back before I retired. I will have to go in one day and collect all my belongings though, so that will be a bit weird. Anyway, fun - here I come!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jenny - how wonderful ... and now time to just do and enjoy life ... cheers with lots of fun places, to visit, more time with the family etc etc ... enjoy! and sleep tight this weekend!!! All the best - Hlary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge day, Jenny! Well done you - Saltaire and environs had better watch out! PS - great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The old mill really is a wonderful sight Jenny, I can see why you love it. As for retiring.... Yipee! Can you imagine all that time to roam with your camera, can't wait to see the results 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Jenny! Lots of fun times ahead!
    Love that pic & that view!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering how you would mark your retirement today, and the old mill is a perfect image. Enjoy your newfound leisure. You will soon discover that retirement rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hoo! Oh, the places you'll take us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your retirement!

    ReplyDelete