I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 24 October 2016

Conistone


Not far from Kilnsey Crag and across the River Wharfe, the attractive little village of Conistone nestles in the valley bottom. There has obviously been a settlement here for hundreds of years. The tiny church dates back to the 11th or 12th century and I found an old bricked-up doorway in the wall of one house, with a date stone that I think reads 1697.



3 comments:

  1. It looks like a lovely place, Jenny! So old!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you find yourself wondering why that old doorway is bricked in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, jennytfreckles, I have been short of time and haven't spent much recent time visiting your blog or others. Glad I didn't skip over the top village scene. Love the red vines creeping up the walls.

    ReplyDelete