I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 28 September 2017

Climbing Kilnsey Crag



The showground is right underneath the famous Kilnsey Crag, which is a magnet for climbers. It was rather fun watching them, as well as enjoying all that the Kilnsey Show itself had to offer. According to a climbing article (here) the Crag 'offers some of the best sport climbing to be found anywhere in Britain', with around 120 different routes. (Ignore the three power lines in the photo above, they were between me and the Crag and look enormous through the telephoto lens!)

8 comments:

  1. Very impressive. Never tried climbing, but I have met a few climbers who have explained how difficult and hart it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to admit it, but that is not my kind of thing. I rarely do things where I could end up dead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben's climbing there this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like a nightmare to climb, can't understand why people gamble with there lives.

    ReplyDelete