I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 24 September 2017

Judging sheep



Kilnsey Show 2017
No, not 'the ones that got away'! During the judging of the livestock, the judges want to see them walk. The cattle are led around on ropes but the sheep are are held until it's their turn and then let loose. It can be quite amusing when they want to assert their independence!  



Sheep judging is a serious business, and requires some concentration.


7 comments:

  1. While we certainly have sheep over here, I was surprised at seeing them almost everywhere in England. A lovely sight, I might add.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you remember an advert by the British Wool Association using two sheep. Katie was a very feminine ewe. Arthur was the horned ram. He looked a real bovva toughie.The slogan ran, "Something about Arthur tells you that his carpets are going to last and last!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Photos. The sunny day makes it all look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to see an event like this. I have seen farm animal shows in the past, but not in recent years. I need to go again. (I must be getting too civilized!)

    ReplyDelete