I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 29 January 2018

Harlow Carr Gardens


A rare sunny but very cold day had me leaping in the car and making for Harlow Carr Gardens near Harrogate.  I know it's a good place for a non-muddy walk (I'm so sick of cleaning mud off my boots!) and there is always something new to see. I only joined the RHS (Royal Horticultural Society) last summer, and I'm not sure I've ever visited in January before. The gardens still look beautiful, even though much of the planting is dormant.


7 comments:

  1. That looks like a fine "winter garden" and I love the hare sculpture. I've joined the Friends of the Botanic Gardens here in Cambridge this year and hope to visit regularly. My late cousin, Phil Swindells, was head gardener at Harlow Carr and trained at Cambridge. He did some TV work while in Yorkshire so you may recognise the name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoyed our visit to Harlow Carr - it's really well laid-out. The dancing hares weren't there when we went - they're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The red and yellow dogwood (?) really pop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very neat and tidy! Pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hares are quite a sight to see! It looks like a pretty spot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like they planned for it to look god in the winter as well as summer!

    ReplyDelete