I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 4 November 2011

Vintage


Well dear friends, you only have yourselves to blame for this!  You asked to see some of the ensembles I wore for the recent Vintage Fashion Show, so here they are:  a silky top embellished with beads and embroidery (Next) and a very beautiful lace dress and jacket (Florentyna Dawn) which made me look decidedly 'mother of the bride'.  I also wore a pale pink chiffon evening dress, a brown suedette trouser suit and a slinky bias-cut silk dress.  It was actually all more fun than I imagined.  No-one took it too seriously and I didn't feel as self-conscious as I expected, walking down the red carpet.  Maybe I could get used to that kind of attention!

The event, as I said before, was to raise funds for a local Christian charity, the Zephaniah Trust, that does good work with children and young people in schools and youth clubs.  I am pleased to say that over £1,400.00 was raised - a good evening's work.  Congratulations to all those involved and special thanks to Julie at Zeph Trust and Heidi, our own church youth worker, who both worked extremely hard for weeks to organise the event.

(Photos taken by Steve Rayner and used with permission.)

22 comments:

  1. I love that lace number! Very smart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, you're so smart and beautyful!!I love the dress on the right, with the little thing in your hair! And so glad that you could raise so much money!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on doing this and raising money for such a good cause. You are braver than me, but then you are more beautiful and slim too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great cause and you are gorgeous, darling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You looked gorgeous! What a glamorous Grandmother you are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, you. Elegance and confidence are prerequisites for any red carpet. No wonder you look so at home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jenny you look so lovely there on the red carpet! It's so much fun to see these shots of you. And for such a good cause too. You DO look at ease and I bet you had fun too! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would totally hate doing this, but I can see why other people would find it great fun. Well done for raising so much money! You look fantastic all dressed up in your finary :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, you're all so great at making me feel good. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look marvelous, Jenny. Oh, I was supposed to look at the clothes, wasn't I? Yeah, they look great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thought you were supposed to be a grandma? I don't see the point in being one without the right image- you are all dressed up for Halloween as a young film star!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look terrific! I love the lace dress!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great Jenny. I love the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just gorgeous!
    The lace number is simply divine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely! You look right at home on the cat walk. And the lace dress was made for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The lace dress suits you to a T! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tres chic Madame! Well done on the fund-raising. You do look very elegant.

    ReplyDelete