I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 17 July 2014

Cars I have known # 2


At one point in my life, somewhere in the late 1970s, we had a car just like this, a pale blue Morris Traveller. It was much loved though not in quite such good condition as this one. Ours had moss growing on the window sills!  I can't quite remember for sure but I think that may have been the car that met a very sad end, when some hooligans set light to it outside our house.

For 'Cars I have known # 1' see here.  Isn't it awful when the cars you most fondly remember are 'classic' now (not quite vintage yet!) and featuring in car shows.

8 comments:

  1. An absolute classic car. A while back my wife and I saw one driven by an elderly couple. It was trailing a tiny caravan. Both car and caravan were in immaculate condition. We thought that it looked a bit romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They don't make em like that any more. I hate it when they're demolishing "old" ofice blocks which I can remember being built!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandparents had one like this. I owned three saloons, at one time or other, and our daughter's first car was an almond green Moggie. Fond memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's what we would call a "woody." Very popular in the 70's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had some fine looking cars. (I clicked the link and saw Car Number 1, which is quite dazzling.) My early cars were pretty dreadful. I didn't have a decent car until the mid-1980s.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a very posh car to have in those days. I know the feeling about seeing items in museums that we used to own. I guess we must be classic items too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great vehicle - my former flatmate in Oxford used to have one and she had a pet name for it too. Nothing wrong with being classic! Thanks for sharing Jenny.

    ReplyDelete