I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 7 July 2015

Impressions of Bruges #2


When I say 'Bruges', perhaps you think of the other large square, the Burg. Called after the castle that once stood on the site, it now holds the flamboyantly Gothic City Hall (late 14th century) and the Old Recorder's House (with beautifully gilded details) which was built in 1534-7 in Flemish Renaissance style. Both buildings are currently in use as law courts and for council business.

4 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying this series - I once visited as part of a geography field trip and am ashamed to say I spent more time in a bar than checking out the historic buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just been looking back over the last few posts. You've achieved a beautiful light balance, which seems to give the buildings an extra dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was there, it was cold and gray and I couldn't wait to get out of there. Who knew it was so pretty?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sound like a broken record, but I love traveling with you through your pictures...we just don't have sights like these in the U.S. The first one is perfect!

    ReplyDelete