I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 26 March 2016

Passion Play

My church, along with others in Shipley, usually have a 'Walk of Witness' on Good Friday. This year a brave group got together to perform a full Passion Play.  Such events are tricky to photograph, I find, but these will give a flavour of the story. I actually found it very moving.

The Last Supper
'He took bread, gave thanks and broke it...'
In the Garden of Gethsemane
'Yet not my will, but yours be done'

Jesus arrested
'The soldiers twisted together a crown of thorns and put it on his head'
Before Pilate
'Crucify him!'
To Golgotha
'Carrying his own cross, he went out to the place of the Skull'
The Crucifixion
'My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?'

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny - what a wonderful Service to have been able to watch and partake in. Brings the story home ... thanks for showing us ... have a peaceful Easter - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very unusual. I did see the parishioners of one Catholic church march out of one of their churches yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a big passion play here by one of the Italian churches but all the participants are men - it's all very macho - I like yours much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unusual. It is hard to grasp the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have captured the passion well.

    ReplyDelete