I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 2 May 2016

Antidote


Woke up one morning last week to find snow on the nearby hills - and all over my new car. Not so much on the ground down here in the valley (at least by the time I got up) but it was icy. Brr. It felt really weird since the trees are coming into blossom and new leaf and there is evidence of spring all around. We didn't really get much snow over the winter here, so it feels like the seasons are well mixed up. As an antidote to feeling cold and wintery, I took this picture of the two glorious trees at the end of my road, which were a gorgeous colour against the icy blue sky. The one on the left is a flowering cherry with the blossom almost out. The one on the right is some kind of maple and has the most lovely bronze colour at this time of year. It almost looks an autumnal shot, doesn't it?

4 comments:

  1. Can't believe it's still so cold over there Jenny, what happened to spring, almost summer :) The tree in yesterday's post is lovely, could that be the tree I'm after for the back garden I wonder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does seem autumnal in tone. April was a weird month weather wise for us too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is still cool here too but no snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumnal. Exactly what I thought.

    ReplyDelete