I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 27 July 2017

Bingley Show day 2017


It doesn't seem long since last year's Bingley Show but it came round again, the 136th show. The day started off very wet and I was wondering whether I should brave it. The lower field in Myrtle Park can become a mud bath in inclement weather. When it stopped raining, I set off. By the afternoon, the sun had come out and it was really quite warm. I should have taken a sunhat!

There's a nice view from the upper park down into the lower field, where the classic cars and vintage tractors were parading in the show ring. In the foreground are displays of the most modern vehicles, including a Yaris Hybrid very like mine. It was like bumping into a relative! I didn't actually bump into any relatives, but I did bump into a lot of people I know - camera club colleagues, friends from church, former workmates. All part of the fun of the Show, which is still a big event in the local calendar.


5 comments:

  1. It looks like a good spot for such a show on that kind of day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for the sunny weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I can see a car identical to mine too! The white 2-door Corsa, hiding behind the lamp post, foreground.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a fun event. Nice you encountered so many friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Bingley Show 2017. Last years show seems like a distant memory now, but what a brilliant day we all had. The planning for this years show is well ...
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete