I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 24 June 2009

Salt and Hockney


Here's the great man himself - or at any rate a depiction of him....Sir Titus Salt. Marvellous beard, I think! This marble bust sits in the 1853 gallery in Salts Mill, which also displays a large collection of original artworks by David Hockney (as you can see from the painting behind). I love to wander round this gallery. It's a huge space, part of what is known as the West Mill, but it's only a small fraction of the whole enormous mill complex. They have a wonderful selection of art books and artists materials for sale. And there are invariably several huge vases of lilies dotted about, so that the air is always richly perfumed. Whenever I smell lilies now, I am always transported 'home' to Saltaire.


No comments:

Post a Comment