I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 11 November 2011

Autumn reflections


At the far edge of Hirst Woods, just outside Saltaire, there is a point where the River Aire curves round and passes underneath the Leeds-Liverpool Canal, which flows over the Dowley Gap Aqueduct.  I took this photo not far from there, enjoying the way the bright patches of autumn colour were reflected in the river.  I had a bit of a muddy scramble down the bank to get it!

It's my entry this week into Weekend Reflections, hosted here.  Please follow the link to discover the other entries this week.  There are always some amazing interpretations of the Reflections theme.

10 comments:

  1. Photography often takes you to places you wouldn't otherwise go - like down muddy banks! It's worth it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beauty God gave us, along with eyes to see, minds to perceive, and hearts to praise Him for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Last time I saw these colours was in Kew one year ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am liking very much this picture, I am liking most of all the reflection in the water and the fact that the river is flowing down to the sea . . . the sea refuses no river. it reminds me that life flows on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the subtle implied lines in this photos and contrasts of blue and yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can only enjoy fall colours through other people's lenses. Isn't it amazing how the sky is often a deeper blue reflected in water? Lovely peaceful photo, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it! Something about autumn photos always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete