I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 23 January 2012

Saltaire mist


A sharp frost one morning - and a line of black-headed gulls (in their winter plumage) seemed almost frozen to the spot on the riverbank.  On the opposite bank you can see the Saltaire Boathouse - originally a Victorian boathouse but now a thriving pub/restaurant.  Beyond that, the metal footbridge connects Roberts Park with the village of Saltaire and behind that the bulky shapes of Saltaire's mills rise through the mist.

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely evocative image, reminiscent of an Edwardian post card picture. All that is missing to complete the image are rowing boats moored in front of the boat house as there used to be once upon a time.
    I visited Saltaire recently intendidng to capture some images, alas I forgot my camara . . . Saltaire "missed", you might say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to see these frosty, misty images of a city for a change (not that the ones of the countryside are not nice, but this is more unusual. and I like cities.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The framing and the tinting match the shot just perfectly. A great photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. And the feathering around the edges sets it off perfectly. You really do need to start selling note cards. Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this...so moody, so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This image wouldn't be out of place on a biscuit tin Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could really live with that on me wall ... It has a timeless quality about it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frame it! Your talent is immeasurable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm starting to recognise places in Saltaire now that you have taken me on so many trips around town. I knew that was the boathouse as I remember some lovely summer pics of it. It is a cold looking day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mist the photographers friend. A lovley image.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very effective photo- nice muted colour to it as well, Jenny.

    Chrissy at Manchester: a photo a day at Mancunian Wave

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the texture/effect you used on this, it's just perfect for the scene! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete