I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 1 May 2013

Craven Court, Skipton


One of the shoe shops I headed for - and found closed down - used to be in this glass-covered arcade: Craven Court in Skipton. It's a rather attractive area, I think. It has a good mix of cafés and shops (including clothes, gifts, cosmetics and a branch of Laura Ashley home furnishings), providing a pleasant place to browse. It looks older than it is: faux-Victorian style with all the cast-iron columns. However, I believe it was the site of a 16th century theatre and so some of the old stone walls are original.

2 comments:

  1. I like those kinds of place ! Your choice of B&W makes it out of time, and we can easily feel the peace of that moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you hate it when you find one of your favourite shops closed down..tough times I guess. Craven Court sounds like a good spot to hang for a while Jenny..looking good in B&W.

    ReplyDelete