Wednesday, 4 February 2015

Raw garlic


The challenge in my online photo group for January was 'One shot' - we had to take just ONE photo, no practice shots, no choosing the best of a number of pictures taken on an outing, no post-processing.

When I'm out with my camera, I usually go on 'an expedition' and often take quite a lot of photos of whatever takes my fancy. I shoot in RAW (unprocessed even by the camera) and then upload them to the computer and tweak them afterwards - crop, fine-tune the exposure. Sometimes they need very little intervention, sometimes I play around a lot with them, it just depends on my mood.

I decided that I couldn't bear to waste a whole 'expedition' and only take one shot - I love going out with my camera. So I decided I'd try a still life at home, for a change. This is my 'one shot'. I submitted the unprocessed RAW file to my group. However, I have processed the RAW file in the version above by very slightly adjusting the white balance. My camera renders things very cool so the original had a slight blue cast. I like this better.

5 comments:

  1. These days there aren't many photographers who can resist a little tweak of some sort Jenny :) Love garlic, super shot here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful...belongs in a cookbook! I take that blue cast out of my photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice job! This is s lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the simplicity of this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very artistic, jennyfreckles. I would absolutely fail if limited to one shot. And my one shot would be nowhere near as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete

No WV here but I've enabled comment moderation on older posts so I don't miss any of your messages. I love reading them - thank you! And thanks for visiting my blog.