I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 13 April 2015

An eye on the clock


Bradford City Hall is shrouded in scaffolding and plastic sheeting for some renovation work to the imposing Victorian facade. The clock tower, which still rings a peal of bells every quarter hour, rises from the midst as if trying to free itself and escape heavenwards. The ferris wheel or 'Bradford Eye' is a temporary addition, until 19 April, so that you can get a bird's eye view over the city. It would be interesting on a better day but the rain and the open gondolas meant that there was little point in taking a ride when I was there.  The local paper is showing some photos taken from the wheel, here.

3 comments:

  1. I love the angle of this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there was a ferris wheel around here. I need it for the May 1 theme of "revolution."

    ReplyDelete