I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 6 April 2015

Devil's Bridge


It hardly feels like a year ago since I was at this spot before, but it is. You may remember my photos of the two bridges at Kirby Lonsdale. The older bridge in the foreground is known as Devil's Bridge. It's a convenient stopping off point on the journey from Saltaire to Cumbria, with a refreshment van should you be in need of a cup of tea and a bacon sandwich. The weather, which had been dull and drizzly, perked up a little so I decided I'd stretch my legs and follow a short walk along the riverside that had been recommended by a friend.

7 comments:

  1. Sorry I haven't been visiting. I needed a break. Looks a nice place for a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture is wonderful , very romantic ! The name of the bridge adds to the mood .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder why it's called the "Devil's bridge" did he cross the bridge ? It looks so nice !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that little town, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very pretty. One to frame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. and it's easy to understand why this view is famous ! It is just wonderful Jenny, thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a gorgeous bridge! May we hope for a waterlogued version?

    ReplyDelete