I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 30 April 2015

Of man and nature


There is lots to relish on my morning 'commute' to work. Walking is so much less stressful than any other means of getting there and I am fortunate that it is a manageable distance from home to work. I often enjoy the mix of nature and man-made elements in this urban environment. The trees in autumn always provide some colour but in the early sunshine this week I was struck by this sycamore tree (at least, I think its a sycamore), bursting with spring colour from its bright green blossom (not leaves yet). It looked amazing against the pretty blue sky and the old stonework.

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Jenny! I would much rather walk than drive or take the bus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! I am envious that you are able to walk to work. Even though I am retired now, I always wished I could do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are lucky to be able to walk to work. For most of my career, I had to drive, but in my last year, I moved into an apartment two blocks from my office. It was pretty nice, though I'm not really an apartment kind of guy.

    I like your contrast of softness from nature against the hardness of the built environment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new green against the blue sky is enough to make one giddy! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely contrast and the yellow sunlight on the stack is balanced with the yellow of the tree.

    ReplyDelete