I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 27 April 2015

St George's Day parade


Out for a walk on Sunday, I just happened to be passing Saltaire URC when the annual St George's Day parade was taking place. Uniformed groups (Scouts, Guides, Cubs, Brownies, Sea Cadets) from across the Shipley district paraded down through Saltaire to have a service in the church. Many of the uniformed groups have links to our local churches.

For once, it was a sunny day for them - much better, in fact, than the weather forecast had promised, though I still find the breeze is very cold. St George's Day in April often means April showers. I'm sure they were glad to stay dry this time.

3 comments:

  1. It's a lovely photo...and parades are always festive! How nice that you had sun...but I think the breeze is cold here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cool here too, Jenny. I think we are about 4 weeks behind normal in our temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something very warm and "real" about this composition that appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete