I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 8 April 2015

Turner inspired!


Talking of Turner and how he was inspired to paint the view over the Lune valley, I thought I'd have a play with my original photo (shown yesterday). There is an excellent iPhone app called 'Waterlogue' that gives instant and often very pleasing conversions of photos to a watercolour effect. Combining that with a bit of extra work in Photoshop to overlay some bits of 'ink' outlines resulted in the above image. Quite pleasing, I thought, in its own way...  though I'd only be proud of it if I had actually painted it for real! If Hockney can use an iPad, then surely a bit of experimenting with filters is allowable fun and can be construed as a sort of artistry. It keeps me happy anyway!

9 comments:

  1. It's amazing the range of things that phone apps will do now, Pho.to Lab being my favourite for its wide range of effects. Just a shame that so many apps only save in low resolution. That was a great photo to adapt, and it works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turns out really good and beautiful !I thought it was a real watercolor painting !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, I am off to try the app!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this effect. It looks just like a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is absolutely beautiful Makes me wish I had a smart phone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just spent a lovely half hour catching up with your blog. You've had another grandchild since I was last here!!! Must get over to the mill soon - it's been too long xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, that's amazing, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, jennyfreckles. I have tried waterlogue occasionally just for fun, but so far I have not had the courage to post any of those manipulated pix on my blog.

    ReplyDelete