I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 21 November 2015

ICM


Intentional Camera Movement (ICM) is an abstract style of photography where the camera is deliberately moved during a long exposure. It produces an artistic effect that's a bit like Impressionist paintings. I've tried it a few times with my DSLR, with mixed results. Recently I found out you can get a 'slow shutter' app for smartphones that allows a long exposure and so enables the possibility of ICM. I enjoy playing with my iPhone and found it relatively easy to produce pleasing (to me anyway) images using the technique. Autumn is a good season for it as there is a lot of natural colour around.

ICM is quite addictive at first. I think I'd soon get bored with it if this was all I did but like most 'techniques' it is fun to experiment and learn. Some photographers have made it their signature style and produce images with a lot of 'wow' factor.

4 comments:

  1. You created two 'wow factor' images yourself here Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try this...I forgot all about it. I think you are very good at it!

    ReplyDelete