I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 21 December 2015

Christmas tree


The Christmas tree in the centre of Saltaire glows with multi-coloured lights this year. I think it's a majestic setting, on the lawn outside the Victoria Hall. It has to compete with the bright floodlights behind that rather detract from the fairy lights, an effect especially noticeable on photos. It's nevertheless a cheering sight on a dark winter night (admittedly not very cold yet). I'm always glad Christmas falls during our winter, giving us all something to celebrate at what would otherwise be for me a very depressing time.  That's not to say I wouldn't like to try a barbie on an Australian beach one year, just for a change!

2 comments: