I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 6 December 2015

Close Encounters at the Industrial Museum 1


A long time ago I did a series of posts on the history of wool worsted manufacture, illustrated by photos I took at the Industrial Museum. (See 'About Saltaire' above, for details.) The museum continues to hold a fascination for me, as it so poignantly tells the story of the Industrial Revolution that shaped this area of West Yorkshire and the Pennines. Since the weather lately has been so dire and I have not been out taking photos, I thought I'd have another trip there and see what caught my eye this time. I was mostly captivated by close-ups of machinery. I liked the shape of the bobbins here (like old fashioned milk bottles) and that slash of orange in the background.



6 comments:

  1. The bobbins certainly do look like the old fashioned bottles of milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting DOF in this shot. My granny used to clean the weaving machines in those early times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to visit this museum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like this place. Sturbridge Village is just over the border from Connecticut in Massachusetts and it is a "reconstructed" village that imported houses and factories to recreate life as it would have been in 1820. I always find the mills to be fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great museum. and you took a good photo.

    ReplyDelete