I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 9 December 2015

Close Encounters at the Industrial Museum 4


Cogs and belts... I wonder if anyone has ever counted how many wheels there are in the museum? There must be hundreds on all the various machines. What a great invention the cog wheel is, with all those interlocking teeth that transfer the drive power.  Many of the machines in the museum are protected by sheets of perspex - to prevent people poking their fingers in, I suppose. It is rather annoying if you want a clear photo but I actually quite like the muted 'underwater' effect that it gives.


1 comment:

  1. I was thinking that usually I dislike having exhibits made unphotographable by glass or plexiglass, but in this case the effect is kind of gauze-like. Not bad . . .

    ReplyDelete