Wednesday, 9 November 2016

Red


The deep red acer/maple leaves are spectacular this year. They add such a punch, whether still on the trees or on the ground. The day I visited Thorpe Perrow, it was very cold and very dull; the promised sunshine sadly never materialised and on some of my photos the leaves are a bit blurred by a combination of the slow shutter speed I was forced to adopt and a brisk and freezing wind! Never mind, it was enough to see the colours. Photos are a bonus.

When I prepared this post I didn't intend for it to be prophetic, but as I awoke this morning my heart sank. I thought Brexit was bad enough but, oh America, what have you done? I am truly fearful for our world.



7 comments:

  1. Hear! Hear! - exactly my sentiments too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine Autumn scenes, it will be an interesting four years now, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors to see on such a scary day, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, colourful photos from nature, a much needed antidote to today's sad and worrying news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The natural world is beautiful as you have shown. Its a pity about the political world. I have your sentiments. Already our share market has plummeted thats tough on us retirees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely.

    Don't worry. We will survive.

    ReplyDelete

No WV here but I've enabled comment moderation on older posts so I don't miss any of your messages. I love reading them - thank you! And thanks for visiting my blog.