I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 5 November 2016

Stormy light


One thing about this time of year is that the light can be wonderful. Low sunshine and storm clouds make a powerful combination, especially when the golden colour lights up the already golden stone of the buildings in Saltaire. This is the familiar tower of the New Mill, which never fails to delight with its ornate Italianate architecture. And yes, I did get home before the rain came.

5 comments:

  1. The light really brings the place to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite things....dark sky and a ray of bright light. Makes wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, wonderful light. I sometimes have trouble with images like this. If I don't get the settings right, the yellow light on the building washes out the details. You did it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete