I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 24 December 2016

Nativity

The Annunciation
I was out walking on the Saturday before Christmas, enjoying some winter sunshine. My route took me through Bingley and Myrtle Park, where I stumbled across the beginning of the local churches' Walking Nativity. I'd not seen it advertised but I presume, as in past years, it was mostly organised by All Saints Church, with a cast drawn from several local churches. It looked quite professional, with a real donkey in the procession. We've had several Walking Nativities from St Peter's (though not this year) but we never included an actual donkey!

Mary and Joseph start their journey to Bethlehem.

4 comments:

  1. That certainly was a surprise ! How nice !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if it's done here. If it is, probably by a Catholic parish. Terrific shots!

    Have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! Merry Christmas, Jenny!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. This doesn't occur where I live.

    ReplyDelete